- two souped-up disting mk4s, or as
- a single powerful module in its own right.
Brand new features for the disting EX include an eight voice polyphonic sample (WAV) player, a powerful stereo tape delay (based on our own Augustus Loop), and a dedicated WAV recorder mode. Since launch, new features have been added including a full-featured polysynth, a granulator, and implementations of the popular Braids, Rings, and Plaits modules.
When acting as two disting mk4s, the disting EX offers these advantages:
- Higher sample rate (96kHz)
- Much more RAM (so all delays, reverbs etc. can be much longer)
- Lower latency when triggering samples (now 700µs)
- And of course, an OLED display.
The disting EX's MicroSD card contains 44 sets of WAVs specially prepared for the disting EX from the Spitfire LABS sample sets - almost 5GB of samples in total - and a discount code redeemable against any of Spitfire's libraries.
The disting EX's MicroSD card contains 27 sets of WAVs from Goldbaby's "free stuff" page, ready formatted for use by the module.
- Panel width: 8HP
- Module depth: 50mm
- Current draw: 229mA on the +12V rail, 50mA on the -12V rail
- Input & output voltage range: ±10V
- Header for 5-pin DIN MIDI via a compatible breakout.
- Header for connecting FHX-8CV or FHX-8GT expanders.
- Header for connecting an ES-5 expander.
- Header for an I2C bus connection to compatible devices (e.g. the 16n Faderbank)
- Compatible with the Doepfer CV/gate bus and the Select Bus.
Pricing & Availablity
MSRP: UK £339 (inc VAT), US $399 (exclusive of sales tax), EU €329.11 (exclusive of VAT)
For purchasing links, please see where to buy.