IntroductionThe Expert Sleepers ES-2 CV/Audio Interface is a Eurorack module designed for use with software such as Expert Sleepers Silent Way. It takes as inputs CVs from your analogue synths/effects on 3.5mm jacks, and outputs audio signals on 1/4" jacks which you connect to your computer audio interface. You then use the Silent Way CV Input plug-in to interpret the audio signal and output CVs in your DAW for recording, processing etc.
Please refer to the Silent Way user manual (available from the downloads page) for detailed usage instructions.
SpecificationsThere is currently one variant of the ES-2, the ES-2-2, which has two inputs and two outputs. (There may one day be, for example, an ES-2-8.)
The ES-2-2's specifications are as follows:
- Panel width: 4HP
- Module depth: 26mm
- Input connections (CV from synth): 3.5mm jack sockets
- Output connections (to audio interface): impedance-balanced 1/4" TRS jack sockets
- Maximum input voltage: approximately ±11V DC
- Maximum output signal: approximately 0 dBV
- Input impedance: effectively infinite (FET buffer)
- Output impedance: 100 Ohms
- Current draw: 8mA on the +12V rail, 6mA on the -12V rail (14mA total)
The front panel is drilled for both Doepfer and Analogue Systems mounting holes (using a 'slot' rather than a single round hole). The power connector is a Doepfer standard 16 way IDC, with -12V furthest from the top of the board.
There are two options for the ES-2-2 panel: 3mm translucent orange acrylic, and 2mm orange painted aluminium. There is no difference in price or specification.
There are no user-adjustable settings on the ES-2.
There is no user manual for the ES-2 - please refer to the Silent Way user manual for details on how to set it up with the Silent Way CV Input plug-in.