We want to see the best video of a disting being used in a modular setup. Large or small, east coast or west, just doing something cool. Bonus points for showing off the illuminated jack sockets!
Entries should be posted to YouTube and/or Vimeo, and then let us know about them.
1st prize - two more distings!
runner up prize - one more disting!
Closing date: August 1st 2014. Judged solely by myself, Os. Judging of "best" may or may not take into account number of views. Judge's decision is final!
The disting is a 16-in-1 multifunction module, offering a variety of CV and audio processes, including a selection of oscillators
(LFOs/VCOs), in a compact 4HP package.
Unlike all previous Expert Sleepers modules, the disting is in no way reliant on a computer connection - it's a normal, standalone module.
Available now from all the usual stores.
The ESX-8MD is an expansion module for the ES-4, ES-40 or ES-5, adding eight MIDI/DINsync outputs from one expansion header.
The ES-4/5 Controller software (part of Expert Sleepers Silent Way) allows the ESX-8MD outputs to be used for MIDI output (note - not just MIDI clock output, but as an actual MIDI port, capable of sending any MIDI messages). Since these outputs are driven from an audio connection, they have sample-accurate timing, which no USB MIDI interface can claim.
The Silent Way Sync plug-in would typically be used to send DINsync to the ESX-8MD, though any software capable of addressing the ES-4/5's expansion headers, via Silent Way or the Max/MSP external, can send clock pulses to it.
See the ‘where to buy’ page for purchasing information.
New in this version:
• Added new Run modes and a periodic reset feature to Silent Way Sync.
• Added virtual MIDI input ports to Silent Way ES-4 Controller and ES-5 Controller.
• Added ‘Manual DAC’ feature to Silent Way Step LFO.
• The Audio Unit version now implements Apple’s newer Audio Component API, allowing usage in modern (post-OS X 10.6) hosts that do not support the older Component Manager API.
• Updated Silent Way Soundplane’s OSC support for the new t3d format in the Soundplane Client v1.0 and above.
Download now from the downloads page.