Version 2 is now available! For the complete list of new features see here.
The key features of Augustus Loop that make it more than just a big delay effect are:
- Really long maximum delay (3600 seconds - that's one hour).
- Tap length/tap record. You can set the loop delay time while recording your first phrase.
- Virtual tape. The delay simulates an old-style tape
delay, meaning you can
- change the tape speed (i.e. pitch up and down)
- reverse the tape direction
- stop the tape
- smoothly change the delay time (as if you were changing the head gap on a tape delay).
- Multimode filter and saturation in the feedback loop.
- ‘Tape Sim’ section to emulate the signal degradation of vintage tape echo machines.
- Four feedback taps (left to left, left to right, right to left and right to right) with independent delay time and feedback settings, for ping-pong effects, stereo delays etc.
- Pitch and filter LFOs.
- Loop length can be set in terms of the host's tempo setting.
- Output of MIDI clock messages to synchronise other applications to the plug-in.
- Ability to sync multiple instances of the plug-in running at once.
- Automatic fades up and down to allow smooth transitions in your playing. It can even automatically clear the loop for you once it’s faded out.
- Host transport-sync’d punch in and out when recording.
- ‘Inertia free’ mode suppresses the tape-like behaviour when changing delay times to allow seamless transitions between loop lengths. (This is also the route to the popular ‘multiply’ and ‘divide’ features found on some popular looping devices.)
- The ‘Fx Loop’ plug-in configuration allows you to route audio through other plug-ins either side of the ‘virtual tape’, allowing you to insert your own effects in the delay loop. So you can just substitute your own filtering/saturation for Augustus Loop’s own, or get really creative by inserting any plug-in you like in the delay.
- ‘Record Offset’ feature to solve the problem of latency in digital audio systems.
- Fully scriptable and skinnable GUI.
- Fully scriptable control via MIDI and OSC.
- Scripts can control other instances of the plug-in, allowing you to build complex multi-plug-in setups controlled from a single source (e.g. a MIDI pedalboard).
- For Augustus Loop v2.2.0 and later - Mac OS X 10.6.8 or higher
- For Augustus Loop v2.1.1 and earlier - Mac OS X 10.2.8 or higher (10.4.11 or higher recommended)
- Audio Unit or VST host application, or Pro Tools 10.3.6, or Pro Tools 11 or above
- Processor with SSE capabilities
- Windows XP SP2 or Windows 7
- VST 2.4 host application, or Pro Tools 10.3.6, or Pro Tools 11 or above
PurchasingInitially the plug-in runs in demo mode, in which it is fully functional, except that it will time-out after 15 minutes of use. Simply reloading the plug-in resets the time-out.
To remove the time-out, you can purchase a registration. The price is $49 (US dollars, plus VAT if applicable).
A registration allows you to install the plug-in on up to three computers at once.
v2.0.0 is a $20 upgrade from v1.5.0 or higher; it is a $29 upgrade from previous versions (see this page for more information on upgrading).
For the time being, Augustus Loop v1.8 is still available for purchase, priced at $29 (US dollars, plus VAT if applicable).